CareVue Radiology/Nuclear Medicine is an integrated system designed to capture all data related to processing imaging exams. The system automates the entire range of imaging department diagnostic functions, including registering patients for exams; processing exams; recording and reporting on exam results; automatically tracking requests, exams, and results reports; and creating management and statistical reports. The Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Worklist automatically updates and displays pending imaging orders. Medsphere uses the HL7 standard to interface Radiology/Nuclear Medicine with non-CareVue systems (e.g., voice dictation and PACs systems) and exchange all radiology/nuclear medicine orders and results.
CareVue Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Benefits
- Increased patient safety. Reducing ordering errors, which could lead to re-takes, minimizes potential adverse events and reduces patient radiation exposure.
- Improved efficiency. CareVue Radiology reduces time needed to verify exam orders and provides clinicians with rapid and real-time viewing of imaging results anywhere in the enterprise, increasing productivity. Automated patient registration and exam processing increases patient and clinician satisfaction.
- Reduced costs. A link to a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) image viewer supports a film-less radiology department, reducing operating costs. Streamlined department workflows, fewer re-takes and a reduction in potential medical errors creates additional savings.
CareVue Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Features
- Allows users to register exams online, print flash cards and jacket labels automatically, and transcribe patient radiological or nuclear medicine reports
- Allows for scanned and electronically-generated files to be associated with online patient records.
- Supports the exchange of radiology and nuclear medicine results with non-CareVue systems through HL7 interface standards
- Includes a link to a third-party PACS image viewer to view film results
- Allows radiologists to release reports online using electronic signature
- Includes automated faxing of transcribed results
- Facilitates reimbursement for radiological/nuclear medicine exams through the use of CPT codes, modifiers, and extensive procedure tables
- Includes Adverse Reaction Tracking (ART) for the addition of contrast media reactions through the Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Application
- Supports entry of multiple diagnostic codes, interpreting residents, and staff
- Sorts and displays results according to the type of image selected by hospital and imaging location
- Generates a single combined report for related procedures, enabling single report entry for all registered cases descending from a parent order
- Allows users to enter/edit specific radio-pharmaceutical data for nuclear medicine
- Allows users to select from multiple reports
- Generates valuable management reports